Edinburgh Day Out






Last week I had a rare weekend off and spent the Sunday having a break from essay writing, and spent the day with my mum who popped over for a visit. I love Edinburgh, there is always something on and on this particular day there was a bake fair where all the cakes were centred around a 'boozy cake' theme.



Located down at cowgate in the Three Sister's pub, my mum and I wandered down around lunchtime whilst it was still relatively quiet. As well as some cake stands there was also a dessert pizza stall, gin stand and a fudge stall. One of my favourite things about the fair was how many of the cakes and sweets were vegan friendly / gluten free, which is handy when one of your best friends is a vegan and you're looking for bakeries to eat at.



Naturally both my mum and I sampled some of the goodies available, with my mum choosing a 'hummingbird' cake whilst I went for the mojito drizzle. This cake - holy crap. The icing was slightly sickly once you started to reach the end of your slice but I would defiently recommend all about patisserie to anybody in Edinburgh who is looking for something different.



Afterwards my mum and I went for a spot of lunch and a wander down the royal mile, before she headed home and I went back to attempting an essay. It was really nice spending the day with my mum and having a weekend where I wasn't surrounded by customers. 


Did you do anything this weekend? x 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Words of Quigg. Design by Fearne.